Photos for download:
- On a PC
- right-click on the link
- choose 'save target as' from the menu
- On a Mac:
- open this page in Safari
- hold down the ctrl button
- click on the link
- choose 'download linked file' from the menu
After facilitating personal growth for many years, Tapas Fleming became interested in physical and energetic healing. She became a Licensed Acupuncturist and began her practice in 1987, specializing in the treatment of allergies. Searching for a simple, effective treatment, she developed TAT in 1993. Tapas soon realized that in addition to relieving her patients’ allergic reactions, TAT was clearing the effects of their past stressful or traumatic experiences in an easy, gentle way. Now one of the most celebrated leaders in energy psychology, Tapas has taught TAT to hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic people worldwide. She always finds it a great pleasure to teach TAT because it is so empowering and liberating and supports people in creating a vibrant, healthy life full of meaning and fulfillment. Tapas lives with her family in Torrance, CA where she has a private practice.
Could a deck of cards save a soldier’s life?
TAT® is a simple technique you can do for yourself right now to reduce serious stress. Whether you’re a soldier, a soldier’s spouse or family member, or just living life today, stress can be very serious.
Ideas for the Segment:
- Personal stories from combat veterans who’ve used TAT.
A Vietnam veteran
- An interview with a nationally-quoted PTSD expert, Harold McRae, who says, “After 25 years of working with veterans and being trained in various techniques, I’ve finally found something that truly works, and it makes my work more worthwhile. I now have an effective process to heal the pains of combat.“ This weekend, Harold is leading two TAT workshops for the families of deployed military personnel.
- Tapas leads the host and the audience through a session of TAT (5 steps) in about 5 minutes (the deck of cards can be part of it or not) that will give them the experience of hugely reducing serious stress and ending negative beliefs in a few minutes.
- Quotes from these documents:
Could a Deck of Cards Help You Lose Weight And Keep It Off?
Tapas Fleming, pioneer in Energy Psychology, shows us a new approach for changing our beliefs, our eating patterns and our weight by playing with a special card deck.
An NIH-funded study conducted by Kaiser Permanente for weight loss maintenance has shown TAT to be the best method studied. The NIH has funded a $2.1 million, 500-person follow-up study now in progress solely to research the effectiveness of TAT for weight loss maintenance. The first study demonstrated that as a person’s negative beliefs and past traumas were dissolved, a happy, healthy lifestyle was easily maintained.
Ideas for the Segment:
- Interviews with certified TAT Trainers who have led very successful TAT weight loss groups similar to the ones being done in the NIH study.
You can read about one here.
- Interviews with people who have successfully used TAT for their own weight loss. Here are some sample stories.
- Tapas leading the host and the audience through a session of TAT (5 steps) in about 5 minutes (the Lasting Weight Loss deck of cards can be part of it or not) on beliefs related to weight. This will give them the experience of reducing the stress around weight and ending negative beliefs in a few minutes.
- Quotes from the peer-reviewed article on the first NIH study, published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, such as the following quote from a study participant:
"I did (TAT) for eating and cravings. In particular, I have this brownie habit. At the afternoon break at work at three o’ clock, the cafeteria has this chocolate brownie that calls to me every single day! So we worked at one of the classes on this brownie craving and it went away. I mean three o’ clock came and went and I didn’t think about it!”
We’ll be happy to send you a pdf file of the article. Please contact Julie.
About Tapas Fleming
Tapas Fleming, a California Licensed Acupuncturist, created a simple technique that can reduce serious stress, end limiting beliefs and create a happy, fulfilling life. After losing premature twins and almost dying herself, she recovered and studied acupuncture in California. She discovered a new way to heal, which she named the Tapas Acupressure Technique® (TAT®). Over 5 years ago, she used it to help herself heal from Stage III breast cancer and has remained cancer-free. Now one of the most celebrated leaders in energy psychology, Tapas has taught TAT to hundreds of thousands of enthusiastic people worldwide. TAT has been used to help people quickly recover after natural disasters, heartbreak, accidents, and combat as well for lasting weight loss.
· 15-minute segment on Studio 5 show in Norway
· Ed Harbison Show in Columbus, GA (about workshop for combat veterans)
· Ed Harbison Hour – Columbus, GA (about workshop for combat veterans)
· Return guest with Glenn Brooks – Vibrant Living KKNW 1150 AM in Seattle
· Cover and article in Medium magazine – Norway